In line with Company guidelines, the Sous Chef ensures high standards of food production and presentation, including portion and quality control.
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation as instructed by the Executive Chef;
- Ensures the food score, together with the Assistant Maître d’hôtel, by monitoring the results and by implementing new measures to improve it;
- Ensures all activities and dishes are prepared in precise accordance with recipes, pictures and manuals;
- Is responsible for the preparation of the all special dietary requirements;
- Provides continuous training and leadership and instructs of how to keep the working areas clean and sanitary;
- Participates to meetings as required: sanitation briefings, food production meetings, etc;
- Prepares necessary reports and provides feedback for improvements to the Executive Chef.
- Fluent English. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage;
- Graduated from a hotel school;
- Certified in Food Safety (Equivalent to Food Safety Professional Certificate or Diploma);
- Great knowledge of VSP Manual, Shipsan Manual, Anvisa regulations;
- Very good communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Proactive and able to work under pressure, also in stressful environments;
- At least 2 years’ experience as Sous Chef or at least 3 years’ experience as 1st Cook Chef de Partie in the cruise line or an international 5-star Hotel or similar major resort;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team;
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures;
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management;
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
For more information about this company click here