Discover a world of opportunities …
… become one of the masters of the sea of MSC Cruises!
Building the future together
- MSC Cruisesis the world’s fourth largest cruise line and largest privately-owned cruise company, and market leader in the Mediterranean, South America and South Africa.
- MSC Cruises sails throughout the year in the Mediterranean, and offers a wide range of seasonal itineraries in Northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean, Cuba and French Antilles, South America, South Africa, the Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Oman.
- Over 15 million guests have discovered a world of luxurious emotions aboard the ships of MSC Cruises
- With the introduction of MSC Virtuosa in 2020 the fleet expansion is well underway and with a further 11 ships on order, including the revolutionary World Class project of four 200.000 GRT LNG-powered ships, MSC Cruises is actively looking to employ over 40.000 new crew over the coming years
- The ships cruise the globe from South America to Australia, giving not only passengers but also the crew a chance to visit the world
- MSC Cruises prides it selves on their diversity: their staff comes from more than 75 different countries and guests from over 187!
Become part of the exciting MSC Cruises family in one of the on-board departments and apply today as:
Waiter m/f/d with German speaking language skills
While establishing a friendly relationship with guests, the Waiter provides excellent and professional dining service to guests,
presenting the menus and suggesting particular courses and drinks.
- Supervises their assigned station at any restaurant, including the buffet area;
- Greets, presents menus and takes orders from guests;
- Presents the wine and beverage list and helps guests make their selection;
- Serves the various courses and beverages, ensuring correct presentation;
- Ensures that the assigned station is clean and supervises the correct mise en place before and after every service;
- Reports immediately any problems and guests’ complains to their direct supervisor;
- Supervises the Assistant Waiter assigned to their station, ensuring they are performing their job correctly, and providing help, encouragement and coaching.
- Fluent English, oral and written, plus good verbal communication skills in German;
- High School certificate is advantage;
- Experience in 4/5 stars restaurant, hotel or resort is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Passion for hospitality and customer service driven;
- Cruise industry experience is an advantage;
- STCW95 certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
For more information about this company click here