Recruiting of Crew for Viking Cruises (river cruises)
Hospitality Trainee Assessment Center (online)
Viking Cruises Trainee Assessment Center is an unique recruiting opportunity for candidates m/f/mx interested in working on board Viking Cruises, but have no or not sufficient experience gained within the hospitality or cruise industry so far.
All recruited candidates-trainees m/f/mx will receive a fully certified training before taking up their new roles, which is provided and paid directly by the shipping company (+ pocket money).
Recruitment - Trainee Assessment Center takes place online in 2 steps. Step 1 one includes a comprehensive company presentation followed by a one-to-one online video call with a recruiter of Viking Cruises on various dates. To be able to attend you will need to register with us in advance! You can sign up by sending us your current CV via email or complete or online registration. It is necessary to attach your CV in English and your most recent photograph.
Internship/ trainee positions on offer:
Waiter Trainee - Trainee Chef de Rang m/f/x
Trainee Stateroom Steward-ess Housekeeping m/f/x
Trainee Chef/ Commis de Cuisine m/f/mx
Utility Dishwash Trainee m/f/mx
Who is behind Viking Cruises and what do they offer?
- International shipping company based in Switzerland and USA
- Operates more than 65 modern river ships only in Europe
- Regularly awarded as the world's leading river cruise line
- Ships ae sailing with international passengers from the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- Swiss or French (ship) employment contracts
- Monthly salary starting from minimal 1700 € Net (lowest entrance position)
- Health, social and pension insurance covered
- Secured accommodation and meals
- Travel costs reimbursed
- Secured and paid training before boarding + pocket money during training
- Modern cabins with internet
- Complete uniform provided
- 2/3 month rotation throughout the season (rotation is about 2 months on board and 10 - 14 days paid leave)
Spoken language on board: English language
Place of work: modern and state of art river cruise ships sailing the rivers in Europe such as Rhine, Main, Danube, Elbe, Saone, Ronne, Seine, Garonne, Douro
- countries of visit: Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Portugal
Way of pre-selection: Online interview (Trainee Assessment Center)
It is possible to sign up for the Trainee Assessment Center for one of the following dates
General requirements of Viking Cruises:
- Communicative English language skills
- Flexibility and resistance to stress
- Pleasant performance
- Visible tattoos and piercings are not allowed - visible tattoos depend on the type of uniform to any specific position (e.g. short/long sleeves). Please inform us in advance about any visible tattoo.
AT VIKING, WHEN YOU ARE CREW, YOU ARE FAMILY
We are proud to employ approximately 8,000 of our own crew worldwide—all dedicated to making our guests’ stay the most memorable possible. Our Swiss based management team oversees our global operations, from shore excursions and catering to nautical operations, and when you work for Viking, you are part of that team. At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do, and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills. We offer great opportunities for promotion through which you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility. In fact, we very much hope that once you have joined us, you will stay with us, just like the 97% of our employees who come back to us—one of the highest retention rates in the industry (Viking Cruises).
More information about Viking Cruises Click here
If you are interested in above offer please kindly complete our online registration and include a copy of
your most recently updated CV and a recent photograph of yourself.
Our services are free of charge to all applicants!